Thursday 30 July 2015

There's an emergency at kindergarten.


While working inside with a group of children I heard a group of children yell, there's an emergency, and as quick as I could turn around there was a blue bed being carried past by a group of children. As they children Mahi Tahi/ worked together to carry the stretcher we followed with interest to see what the emergency was. 

Doctor Billy shared that Tash was having a baby and she needed to get to the hospital fast. It wasnt long before Tash had a beautiful baby boy. 
After exploring this Idea Archie decided to take some xrays of lots of his friends at kindergarten, firstly they explored what different kinds of accidents could happen that would need xrays, like falling of your bike and breaking your arm. the children clearly articulating their ideas to each other and showed lots of manaakitanga, care and respect as they got different friends to sit behind the 'xray machine' so they could take an xray. This is great,he rawe tēnā!


"It hurts in her arm" Violet shared as they had me sitting in the xray machine, Billy quickly added "Get on the stretcher, your hurting remember" and they made me get onto the stretcher so they could get nurse Violet to fix me. 

It wasnt long before I heard Violet share "I need to put the baby in the xray, can you please turn the xray machine on doctor". After a while I was curious to know what was wrong with the Baby so I asked "Was the Baby okay?" Doctor Billy and Archie were quick to share  "The baby had an xray but nothing was wrong, we do them sometimes and nothing is wrong."

Pretend play is a fantastic way for children to explore their ideas when they know they are in a safe environment. 










No comments:

Post a Comment