Thursday 24 October 2013

Insects Insects Insects

This morning Robyn joined us from the Mobile Bug Unit and shared some of her wonderful insects with us.
The children were split itto two groups of twenty to allow for a more interactive time with her and her insects that she has brought to share with us.
The children were fascinated as each insect was talked about and compared to others, with a lot of factual information shared about insects like New Zealand's very own cave weta, tree weta and metallic green beetle!



















I have two antennae that I use to feel and smell things
I have 6 legs and I normally have 4 wings
I have a thorax and an abdomen
I open my mouth side to side when I eat
What am i?
An insect!

Have a chat with your children to find out what they learnt about insects this morning...


No comments:

Post a Comment